Sugar 265 g
Flour 270 g
Walnuts 75 g
Hazelnuts 15 g
Soda 15 g
Vegetable oil 110 ml
Eggs 3 pcs.
Powdered sugar 110 g
Ground cinnamon 1 tsp.
Cream 33% 130 ml
Butter 130 g
Baking powder 1 pack
Cheese 440 g
Lemon 1 pc
Orange 1 pc
Carrots 400 g
Salt sea 5 g
1. Preheat the oven at 180 C. Grind carrots on a grater.
2. Take out lemon zest and add to the carrots.
3. Pound nuts or chop them with a knife. Save some nuts for filling.
4. In a deep bowl, mix the eggs and half the sugar. Beat with a mixer until mixture is fluffy.
5. In another deep bowl, mix the flour, soda, cinnamon and baking powder. Add all dry ingredients and mix.
6. Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and pour into two forms. Bake for 35-40
7. Cut the finished cakes along in half, so that in the end 4 cakes are obtained.
8. Before you start preparing the cream, leave 100 g of butter at room temperature for 3-4 hours for softening.
9. Beat the butter with a mixer until fluffy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and whisk for another 5-7 minutes.
10. Add cold curd cheese and whisk thoroughly for another 2 minutes.
11. In a deep bowl squeeze out the orange juice. Pour the remaining half of the sugar into a sauté pan.
12. Add 2 tsp of orange juice.
13. Sugar should be left on pan to caramelize and become butter.
14. For cream, mix the zest with the cream and bring to a boil. After flavoring, strain the cream from the zest through a sieve. Remove the caramel from the fire. Add salt and 30 g of butter. Stir well. Add hot cream. Cook 2-3 minutes before it reaches caramel color.
15. Pour the prepared caramel into a jar or glass, cover with a food film.
16. Grease each cake with cream and top up with caramel.
Decorate with nuts.